Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Ways to eat wimpies when you are a wimp -- A post by Steve

Who doesn't love wimpies, more commonly known as sloppy joes? Unfortunately, upon seeing the commercials in Manwich's recently derided ad campaign "It's Called a Manwich" (http://www.thefrisky.com/post/246-manwich-reminds-dudes-not-to-act-gay-or-else-get-a-sandwich-to-the-face/) I realized that I am not manly enough for the everyday sloppy joe. Plus, manwich is way sweet and kinda gross (http://www.fooducate.com/blog/2009/10/28/manwich-sloppy-joe-sauce-nutritious-inside-the-label/)

So, instead of making sloppyman musclesjoes, I must satisfy myself with wimpy tempeh wimpies:




Typically, to make these sandwiches, I mix up about a cup of barbecue sauce before hand. Just start with half a cup of ketchup, and then throw in whatever else you want:  cayenne pepper, red wine vinegar, red wine, white wine, dijon mustard, black pepper, Worstershire sauce, stuff that tastes good.



Dice up your block of tempeh real small, throw it in the mix, and let it sit around for a while (15-20 minutes?). Get a pan hot, put a lil olive oil down, and then I forget the rest.




Good luck!
 

4 comments:

skoraq cooks said...

yum yum :-)

Linda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda said...

I sure hope Caly has never tried to feed you Manwich's.

These look great.

Jill said...

Woah Steve. Now that's wimpy. Loved your post! Although I might need more than luck... maybe some courage... to try tempeh wimpies.