Sunday, March 22, 2009

Roasted Pork Loin & Sweet Potatoes















We like to make pork loin on Sunday, it's a nice yummy sit down dinner and it just seems like a Sunday type food. It's also super easy and very good for you.

I found a little digital camera so the pictures might be poor BUT I can take lots of pictures. Yay!

So first take your sweet potatoes and stab them all over so they don't explode. Heat your oven up to 450 and throw them in there.














Next let's get the pork ready.

Throw your pork onto a baking sheet and cut some little slits on top.

I got nifty little prep bowls today that I am very excited so I used those. In my little bowl I threw in some rosemary, thyme, and basil.














Now rub this all over your pork and make sure you get it down into those slits you cut.














Next I minced up some garlic, i also got a new garlic press...woot! Rub that all over too.














Finish off the pork by putting some bay leaves on top and down into the slits. Throw that into the oven.














Let stuff cook for ROUGHLY an hour. This is a good time to have a meat thermometer. Make sure your pork is at 160 degrees. Check it often so you can pull it out as soon as it's done so you get a nice moist pork loin. You will know your sweet potatoes are done when they are nice and soft.

Serve your sweet potato with a little butter and brown sugar and I went for some applesauce to dip my pork into. Enjoy!


Nutrition Pork Loin (4.6 oz pork, includes 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce) : Calories: 237
Fat:
9g
Carbs:
14g
Protein:
24g

Nutrition Sweet Potato (includes 1 tsp butter and 1 tsp brown sugar):
Calories: 213
Fat:
4g
Carbs:
41g
Protein:
4g

0 comments: